Steamed salmon with lemongrass, ginger and chilli
Ingredients for 4 Servings
- 1 lemon grass stem
- 1 ginger root (20 g)
- 1 red chilli pepper
- 1 spring onion
- Coloured peppercorns
- ½ lime
- 1 tbsp sweet chilli sauce
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- 4 salmon fillets (150 g each)
- Prepare fresh seasoning: Finely chop the lemon grass. Peel and
grate the ginger. Halve the chilli pepper lengthwise and finely chop.
- Finely chop the spring onion and set aside in a small bowl. Grind the peppercorns to taste and mix into the spring onions.
- Squeeze the half lime.
- Mix the ginger, chilli, lemon grass, 2 tablespoons lime juice, chilli sauce and sesame oil in a bowl.
- Add the salmon fillets, cover in the mixture and leave to marinadein the fridge for approx. 1 hour.
- Take the salmon fillets out of the marinade and allow it to drip off.
- Place in the steamer for approx. 8 –10 minutes, then scatter the peppered spring onions over the top of the fillets with the rest of the lime juice and garnish with whole peppercorns.