Filet mignon with coloured pepper and a cognac and cream sauce
Ingredients for 4 Servings
- 4 beef fillet steaks (200g)
- 4 grains of allspice
- 1 tbsp. black pepper, whole
- 1 tbsp. white pepper, whole
- 1 tbsp. green pepper, whole
- 2 tbsp. grape seed oil
- 4 tbsp. cognac
- 20 g butter
- 250 ml single cream
- Roughly chop the peppercorns and allspice grains, then coat the steak with the mixture and press in firmly by hand.
- On a high heat, fry the steaks in grape seed oil for 1 1/2 minutes on each side. Reduce the heat and fry for a further 2-4 minutes on each side.
- Remove the steaks from the pan and wrap in aluminium foil, then put aside to rest.
- Pour away the excess frying fat and deglaze the stock with cognac. Add the butter and stir in the cream. Let the sauce reduce until it has reached the desired consistency and season with salt.
- Place the steaks on the pre-heated plates.
- Collect the meat juices which have accumulated in the aluminium foil and mix into the sauce. Cover the steaks with the sauce and serve with baked potatoes.